During a new discussion with my child, I understood how much my little blog helps in cooking regular plans. It made me so blissful.
Now that he is all alone and cooking for him as well as his companions, he alludes more to my blog and YouTube channel.
While nonchalantly talking, he referenced that I haven’t yet refreshed the essential ordinary Vengaya Sambar or the Onion Sambar formula.
I have prior shared the Arachuvitta Onion Sambar formula where new sambar masala is ground . Do look at and attempt the formula on the off chance that you haven’t as of now.
The onion sambar formula that I am sharing today is the straightforward one that I have shown my significant other and kids. Whenever I’m away or not in the temperament to cook, my family assumes control over the kitchen and makes this sambar. It is Raghu’s number one sambar to cook as well as eat
The kind of onions rule the sambar and make it so scrumptious. An absolute necessity attempt!
- Vengaya Sambar/Onion Sambar by Masterchefmom
Planning time: 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4-6
1 cup = 250 ml cup
2 onions (daintily cut)
1-2 tomatoes (generally cleaved)
gooseberry size tamarind ( absorb 1/2 cup warm water and concentrate the juice, weaken with one more cup of water)
1/2 cup toor dal/arhar dal/pigeon peas (cooked with 1/8 tsp turmeric powder and squashed well )
2 and 1/2 teaspoon sambar powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
touch of asafoetida(optional)
salt to taste
To treat :
2 teaspoon sesame oil
3/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
1 twig curry leaves
For embellish (discretionary):
small bunch of cilantro/kothamalli/coriander leaves ( finely slashed)
1. Heat a weighty base vessel or kadai with oil and temper with fixings given for something similar.
2. Add the cut onions and slashed tomatoes.
3. Add turmeric powder, salt and permit them to cook for a couple of moments till the tomatoes are somewhat soft.
4. Add the sambar powder and blend well.
5. Presently add the tamarind squeeze and change water amount .
6. Permit it to cook for five minutes and afterward add the cooked tuvar dal.
7. Permit the sambar to stew over low fire for something like fifteen to twenty minutes.
8. Switch off and add a teaspoon of sesame oil for additional flavor( discretionary advance)
Your scrumptious Vengaya Sambar is presently fit to be served for lunch alongside rice or alongside idli or dosa.
Do attempt to impart your criticism to me.